Rules & Regulations
Approved Rules of Play
The Murphy Centre Inc. Change a Life 50/50 Lottery
Lottery licence No.: 22-10164200LT
- Open to Newfoundland and Labrador residents ONLY
- All persons may purchase tickets. However, Executive Directors and members of the Murphy Centre Board of Directors and Development staff are not eligible to win.
- Tickets purchased prior to the cut off date & time for the early bird draws shall be included for each subsequent early bird draw and 50/50 prize. Winning tickets drawn for each early bird prize shall be returned to the raffle drum for all future draws under the licence.
- Pursuant to the regulations governing this lottery under authority of Service NL, Consumer Affairs Division, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, tickets must be purchased within the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- We (MC) reserve the right to publish names, addresses, and photographs of all the winners and/or ticket purchasers and we retain the right to use such for any and all promotional purposes for an indefinite period. MC does adhere to PIPEDA.
- All disputes will be settled by the board of MC. All decisions are final.
- Our (MC) liability is limited to the purchase price of the ticket only if for any reason the ticket stub is not included in the draw. MC will make every reasonable effort to ensure that no tickets are excluded.
- Our Change a Life 50/50 tickets available for online purchase only. Purchasers must provide their first name, last name, address, telephone number and e-mail as part of the purchase process, and must purchase tickets only with a valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) via a secure payment gateway.
- Tickets will be sold using a certified online raffle system supplied by Robot Interactive + Marketing.
- After buying, purchasers will be emailed a downloadable and printable ticket/receipt with their 50/50 registered numbers. Numbers purchased are stored electronically along with the purchaser’s purchase history and information in a database and physical tickets are printed and placed into a raffle drum for draws.
- The amount of the 50/50 will be broadcast and updated live (in real time) on the website changealife5050.ca.
- The winner must provide their name, address and phone number with picture identification for our report sheet. A scan of a valid government issued photo ID (i.e. driver’s licence, passport, etc.) is acceptable.
Change a Life 50/50 Lottery Tickets can only be purchased online.
These purchases have the following options available:
Three (3) 50/50 tickets for $10.00
Ten (10) 50/50 tickets for $25.00
Twenty-five (25) 50/50 tickets for $50.00
Change a Life 50/50 Lottery Early Bird Draws:
Tickets valid for Early Bird Prize #1 (NL Golf Excursion [valued at $4,000]) must be purchased on or before Oct. 17th, 2022 at 11:55 PM. The drawing for this prize will take place Oct. 19th, 2022 at 10B Panther Place, Mt.Pearl, NL, A1N 5B.
Tickets valid for Early Bird Prize #2 (Growlers NL Entertainment Package [valued at $5,000]) must be purchased on or before Nov. 7th, 2022 at 11:55 PM. The drawing for this prize will take place Nov. 9th, 2022 at 10B Panther Place, Mt.Pearl, NL, A1N 5B.
Tickets for the 50/50 draw: Tickets must be purchased on or before Nov. 21st, 2022 at 11:55 PM. The draw for our grand prize will take place Nov. 23rd, 2022 at 10B Panther Place, Mt.Pearl, NL, A1N 5B. There is a limited number of 300,000 tickets available. The winner will receive 50% of the actual jackpot collected. If all tickets are sold at the highest ticket price of $3.33, the potential maximum jackpot a winner could receive would be $500,000.00.
Manual draws must take place to determine the winners of all prizes. Hard copy tickets must be provided to the purchaser upon request. Email transfers (EMT) are not an acceptable payment type for charitable gaming. The Murphy Centre. will comply with all applicable public health orders and recommendations of the chief medical officer for health.
Lottery Licence: 22-10164200LT
300,000 ticket orders printed.